photo / Gaylon Mathews
Fire crews force entry into the West Church Street restaurant Tuesday evening.
Investigation is underway at Bee’s Home Cookin' restaurant in Jasper, where a fire broke out Tuesday evening.
On November 5, city of Jasper Fire crews were dispatched to the restaurant on West Church Street at approximately 10:12 p.m. after a passerby saw smoke and called 911. Crews had to force entry by breaking through the glass front door, which was locked. No one was in the restaurant when emergency workers arrived on the scene.
Jasper’s Assistant Fire Chief Von Headrick said the fire, which was localized to a storage area and hallway, was extinguished in between 10 and 15 minutes. There was damage to the storage area and hallway, but no damage to the dining or kitchen area.
“This is being investigated by the city of Jasper and state fire marshal as a suspicious fire,” Headrick said.
Jasper Fire was assisted by Pickens County volunteer fire stations.