The Board of Commissioners working in consultation with PCRD staff and their advisory board will reopen PCRD operations to the public in stages. These efforts serve as a balance between ensuring safety and offering necessary services. The multiphase reopening will include the following:
•Roper Park remains open (activities must meet health guidelines).
•Summer Camp beginning June 1st (strict health guidelines in place and limited to 40 kids).
•The community center will open to the public beginning June 3rd. This will allow PCRD staff two days to start Summer Camp under new health guidelines before opening the building to the public. Once open the community center will operate on modified hours (M-F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m). These modified hours will allow staff time to properly clean and sanitize the facility. There will be health guidelines in place including that participants must bring their own equipment.
There will be specific times set aside for certain activities.
• Walking 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Pickleball 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Open Gym 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• The pool will tentatively open on June 15th (strict health guidelines in place including bringing your own chair).
• The community center will tentatively return to normal operating hours and allow room rentals and fitness classes beginning June 15th.
This multiphase reopening will allow our staff to best serve the community in a safe way. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during these difficult times. We look forward to seeing you soon at PCRD!
If you have any questions call 706-253-8863.