City of Jasper firefighters split the cost of an air quality test for the station on Burton Street after suspecting mold, and after saying the city would not conduct a test.
The results, which were sent to the Progress last week, show elevated spore counts and suggests problems in certain areas of the station need to be remedied.
A Jasper firefighter said, last fall they suspected the environment was unsafe and purchased a test kit from Home Depot that showed mold in the attic area. They gave this to their chief, who then gave it to a city official on October 14, he said.
See full story in this week's print or online editions.