A 29-year-old female occupant of this residence in Ball Ground heard an explosion and discovered smoke and flames. Thankfully, there were no injuries after the woman rescued both her seven-month-old daughter and family pet. Because of the quick response of Station 2 of the Cherokee County Fire Department located in Ball Ground, the flames were contained to a rear corner of this 108-year-old one-story wooden structure located at 155 Depot Street.
By Larry Cavender
A home purported to be over 100 years old was damaged by a fire last Friday afternoon, March 23rd. No one was injured in the blaze which occurred at 155 Depot Street in Ball Ground.
According to a statement released by the Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services, “The 29-year-old female occupant of the home…heard an explosion and went to the back of the house to investigate and saw smoke and flames.”